Q:  How can someone be exposed to mold?
A:  There are several ways you can become exposed to mold:
· Breathing in the spores from the air.
· Skin contact from handling an item that has mold growing on it.
· Eating without properly washing your hands after handling moldy objects.

Q:  Can mold cause health problems?
A:  Mold has the potential to cause health problems and even make a home uninhabitable. However, everyone is affected differently when in contact with mold. The mold that may not bother a seller may affect the buyer. 
Some mold can produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic chemical substances known as mycotoxins. People who are sensitive and exposed to mycotoxins can become ill. Allergic reaction to mold is common. They can be immediate or delayed. People diagnosed with allergies and asthma may be very sensitive to mold. Mold can cause asthma attacks. Others at risk may include: infants, children, women, and individuals with existing respiratory conditions.

Q: What are some indications I may be exposed to mold?
A:  With exposure, even in small amounts, mold may cause:
· Itching or irritation of the nose, eyes, throat, or skin
· Mysterious skin rashes
· Sinus infections or congestion/sinusitis (runny nose)
· Upper or lower respiratory infections
· Fatigue
· Frequent headaches
· Trouble concentrating, memory lapses, confusion
· Mood swings, anxiety, depression
· Chronic aches and pains
· Digestive problems